Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Faces of Busan, South Korea.

But it was cool, and I adore Mikee so I don't mind following his example.

There are few things in my life that I consider more poignant or precious than a photograph. With one click I can forever affix a mental reminder to a place, day, time and emotion in the short span of my life. When my grandparents used to show me photographs I was mesmerized, seriously how cool was this? I was able to glance back at their lives and within a mere second I could feel their expressions as if they were my own.

A photograph takes all the things that words cannot say and expresses them into a delightful medley of experience for me. Without a photograph how would I ever remember that 10th birthday where my parakeet Obalina Ickus Jones sat on my shoulder while I blew out the candles? Priceless moments are the fuel for my life. I carry at least one camera in my purse at all times, ready for anything.

This is a mini-project I did in Busan with a friend of mine (named Mikee). We walked around Busan for about 2 hours and asked people if we could take their photos. Most of them looked at us as though we were nuts, but we did get some good ones and overall we mostly just had an absolute blast doing it. More photography projects to come! (hopefully.)


No comments:

Post a Comment