Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Taught Teacher

Rarely is the sweet sound of teaching , a phrase I would use. When I think of teaching, of teachers, of being taught I instantly clam up. My body tenses, my mind instantly engages in diversionary tactics, and I begin pining for the end of the lesson. Why does this happen? How could I possibly have allowed myself to think in terms of "the end" of education? I have chosen a life path that will perpetually force me to learn. I am also extremely curious about languages and culture so again, the learning. Not to mention I'm a teacher. WTF?
Today Eunyeong began teaching me Korean, simple phrases like, "See you then!", "What time does it start?", "How about going to...?", and "See you then!" These are all extremely important and beneficial to my existence in Korean, yet I find myself tensing and glancing at the clock like I have a twitch. It's embarrassing, unprofessional, and downright rude.
Apparently nows the time to start undoing those wrongs I learned in college. *sigh*
Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment