Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Dance

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don't worry 'bout what you don't know, life's a dance you learn as you go."

This is a quote from one of my favorite country songs of all times, whenever i'm having a rough day I listen to this song and suddenly I realize that i'm dancing with two left feet instead of floating about like a princess. I've been burdened for some time about what to do with my life next, i'm approaching 7 months in Korea here in the next week and it's a little terrifying. I vividly remember (well..it WAS only 4 months ago...) month 3 and thinking I couldn't WAIT to be done with this contract so that I could move on. After having lived here for some time I realize that I really do enjoy Korea, the culture, the food, the language, and most importantly my job. However, I don't find Korea to be that beautiful, or inspiring and it's stupid easy to live here; I want something a little more gritty I believe. So after some serious inner thinking i've made a decision: I'm going to Japan! I have some time off in February and my friend is coming in from the states so i'm going! I don't really know anything about Japan currently so i'll have to do some research but if anyone has any suggestions let me know!! I won't be staying as I have responsibilities in Korea, but i'll be there for a while to assuage my travel bug.

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment