Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

There are certain moments in life when you realize that you are absolutely in the right moment and that the ony reason you are there is because you have brought yourself to this point. New Years has come and passed, bringing with it thoughts of what to do with myself as well as reflections on the things that i've been through in the past year. All in all I can happily say that i've only succeeded in my life and that i've set myself on the path that will bring me the most happiness and ultimately success (whatever your definition of this may be mine is happiness with myself and achievement wherever I may be).
Sitting here alone in the teachers office, reflecting on the day i've had I realized that i've gone from crazy college party girl to responsible adult. That I have people who genuinely look up to me and use me as a measurement, a ruler, for their own lives.

How did this happen?

More importantly, when did this happen?

As we all walk down our own life paths we undoubtedly reach pre-specified milestones, birthdays, holidays, celebrations, and certain bodily functions; but it's been surprising to realize that i've reached another, less spoken of but all the more important milestone, that of functioning adult. I've left behind the agony of adolescence, the tyranny of being a teen, and the confusion and disaster of being an adult child. I've stepped from one life stage into another with minimal pain, but i've still done it. I've still moved on in my life; this is minimally bittersweet as I am pleased with where i've put myself in life, but there's always that reflection period. Undoubtedly I know that i'm going to continue to fall down as I journey along, but to know, to have the full and complete realization that I am a grown woman, capable of standing on my own, of being my own woman, of supporting myself, and making excellent decisions for myself is beyond empowering. The days of needing Daddy to step in and make things right have disappeared into fond memories, and I hope that I never need to bring them back into sharp focus. The love of family, the love I hold in my heart for my family keeps me warm and grounded when I feel as though i'm flying too close to the end of the earth, I can only hope that in this new year as I continue to eek out my own unique existence that should my family ever need me i'll be there to hold out my welcoming arms as they have held out their arms to me as I grew and discovered my surroundings. Nothing compares to the love a parent has for their child and nothing can compare to the love, affection, and ultimate respect that I hold for my parents. Helping me to grow and to get past the growing pains was undoubtedly a significant effort from them and I hope that they realize I fully appreciate everything they've done for me.

To bring it all back together, from where I stand 2011 is shaping up to be an epic year full of travel, love, experience, communication blunders, and family bonds. I don't think that I could ever ask for anything better or more.

Happy 2011 and Merry New Year from Korealand!

Anyeong!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH Moruioweyurq2307`1=04=-1r09uqilllyyyy, anamonouluisky

    ReplyDelete