Friday, February 11, 2011

I fit in 3 paragraphs

Trying to decide what do put into a resume and cover letter is difficult stuff. What parts of you have you cultivated recently that you want to include? How do your basic, morals, skills and wants line up with the program that you are applying for? Do you really want this?

I mean...are you SURE you really want this? Sometimes it's a really big commitment...

After I run through all that banter i'm left with; well yea I want this. I definitely want this, now how do I make myself look amazing? Ok, well I pick through my past achievements and jobs and then amplify them with a little word glossing and then two or three drafts later off it goes. Wow, that simple...REALLY? All my life's achievements can honestly be summed up into a one page or three paragraphs?

Wow.

So here's where I start:
1. I live abroad and have lived abroad. Ok, what does that prove?
2. I speak bits of two vastly different languages. Ok, what does that prove?
3. I'm much better at people than I am at numbers. Ok, how can I make that look pretty?
4. I love teaching almost more than anything else in the world. Honestly. Ok, how can I convey this?
5. I want to live the rest of my life in the Mediterranean. Ok, you don't know that for sure and that's not a useful skill so place that on the back burner; just make sure you don't set yourself up for failure so you can achieve this eventually.
6. I have spent the majority of my job life working with children. Ok, how can I word gloss this up better?
7. I have the capability and readiness to live anywhere in the entire world. Ok, how do I make this known?

There it is. Everything that immediately came to mind to be summed up into 3 paragraphs.
How depressingly small is that? Fah.

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment