Friday, March 4, 2011

Scattegories

I'm playing Scattegories with my kids at school and essentially in teams of two, they have to drum up words that start with the same letter, for instance, if the letter were "J" and the category was "clothing" they would write as many J-word clothing items that they could think of:
Jeans
Jacket
Jewelery

In this particular case, the letter was "F" and this student was on the "countries" category. He looked up at me as I passed, scrunched his oversized glasses further up his nose and asked,

"Molly teacher? peranceuh is spelled with an F?"

"Yea."

"Oh..."

His tiny little face fell with utter disappointment, my heart swooned and I stopped in my tracks. I looked down at his dejected little self and said

"But Japan starts with a "J""

His whole demeanor instantly lightened, he cocked his head to the side, thought about it a moment and then beamed at me, his glasses slipping further down his nose.

"Thanks Molly teacher!"

And began furiously scribbling it down.

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment