Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crash Course in Acceptable Sandwich Fixin's

I would like to state that Korean food is delicious, it's sometimes overly spicy, sometimes overly fishy and yes, sometimes it has too many bones or the occasional eyeball but overall Korean food is delicious. So it perplexes me as to WHY (with such great taste) my kids could POSSIBLY think that adding Strawberry jam to their ham and cheese sandwiches is a good idea? It all started this morning, my co-worker and I decided that we would make sandwiches at our summer camp today, what a great way to break up the drone of english grammar, not to mention sandwiches are an American institution! What with the slim pickins' available to us in the grocery store regarding sandwich options we decided to make ham, cheese, mayo, mustard, and lettuce white bread sandwiches; we also decided that we should give them the option to try peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So we bought everything, I did a powerpoint on how to make a proper sandwich, and we all watched Mr. Bean make a sandwich (if you haven't seen this youtube "Mr. Bean makes a sandwich" it's pretty funny). Then they got up and made their own sandwiches, and you know, instead of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich they made a ham, cheese and jam sandwich...What??? So I decided to try it...and sure enough, it's not half bad! That doesn't mean, however, that i'll be switching my ultimate sandwich to include jam but it WAS a funny moment. They held their breaths while I bit down, and I held mine as they tried their PB&J's.

Hahaha. I love my students, they teach me so much!
Anyong!

No comments:

Post a Comment