Friday, July 9, 2010

Food! Food! Food!

I ate an entire deep fried egg yesterday. They just boiled it, battered it, deep fried it, and than I ate it. WHAT?! It was surprisingly good. There is a woman that has a cart on the corner near my home, i've been passing her by this last week and it always smells sooo good, so I stopped and ate one of everything. I had deep fried shrimp (bones intact, skin intact, antennae intact *of course*), deep fried egg, deep fried dumplings (my favorite by far), deep fried onions, deep fried...i'm not actually sure what it was but it looked like a vegetable root and tasted like deep fried celery!

On top of all this delicious deep fried food I also took my first SOLO bus trip! Woo! I'm getting better and better at navigating the public transportation here, which is key as i'm without car. It was fun, I needed to get off at my neighborhood Samgye (Sam-Gay) at a store called Lotte Mart (Loh-tay Mart-uh) So I just kept asking "Samgye Lotte Mart?" Over and over until someone finally pointed and jabbered about and I realized I needed to exit the bus! What a relief!! I did it! I did it!! I was so terrified that I wasn't going to be able to effectively navigate the public transportation, and i'm certain that i'll mess up a couple of times until I figure it out but still!!! What a great first step!!

I'm off to teach the monkeys, more later!!
Anyong!

No comments:

Post a Comment