Friday, August 27, 2010

Lunch with Yoda

I like Korean food, I like it a lot in fact, but occasionally I find something I don't like. Take today for instance, I went to lunch and we were served soup "Yum" I thought to myself "Soup!" Boy was I wrong. This soup was very strong in flavor and that flavor was very strongly disagreeing with my tastebuds. With every bite I took I was vaguely reminded of that forest that Luke Skywalker finds Yoda living in in like the 2nd Star Wars. Dark green leaves of strict flavor floated about my bowl like floatsam after a wreck, dark brown sticks impeded the process of my spoon, and chunks of fish scales and bones floated up to the top of my bowl like drown victims. Periodically I would find pieces of chile in my bite and my mouth would erupt into flames straight from the fires of hell. This was like eating soup with bombs in it. Thankfully I was able to defer to rice (oh rice how I adore you for your bland nature and filling capacities) and tangerines (oh tangerines how I adore you for your comfortable tangy tartness). After this ordeal I was informed that Koreans eat this soup quite often because it's good for your health, i'm not sure how it's good for your health when you fear death by strangling from snake, but I did enjoy the opportunity of speaking with Yoda "Let the Soup be with you."

Hopefully I never see this soup again.

Anyeong!

1 comment:

  1. It's the Degobah System, and yes it's in the second of the old movies. Don't act like this doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete