Friday, October 22, 2010

Hedgehog drama

I'll set the scene: Outside the local massive grocery store

Me: Hey guys! What do you have in there [inside the cage]

My Students (MS): It's nervous teachah!

Me: What's nervous?

MS:Teachah Teachah! Eye big, fall out! Nervous Nervous!

Me: What? What is it?

I walked closer to my students and peered inside the cage

MS: Teachah teachah! Eye big! Hospital hospital! Nervous Nervous!

Me: A hedgehog! It's such a cute Hedgehog! What happened?

MS: Poke eye! BAHNG BAHNG BAHNG! (makes thrusting gesture towards eye with fingers)


MS: Teachah! Nervous! Hospital!

Me: ok, bye!

a few minutes later they returned from the bowels of the building

Me: How'd it go?

MS: (very excitedly) TEACHAH TEACHAH! EYE BIG! CUT OUT! CUT OUT WITH...WITH...(makes cutting sign with fingers)

Me: Scissors? They are going to cut out it's eye with scissors?!

My students smile and nod.

MS: Teachah! We go! Bye bye.

Me: bye...

I swear, sometimes the language barrier is just too ridiculous for words...

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment