Monday, October 18, 2010

My Birthday!

So, I had a wonderful week full of lovely birthday surprises, gifts, and parties! Even though I occasionally bitch about being lonely, missing home, or not having enough friends this week was testimony to the amazing friends and support network I have garnered here in Korea!!

So on wednesday of last week my co-workers took me out to lunch! As I blogged earlier I had asked them if they wanted to come to my house for dinner and then it got delayed twice and they finally just called the whole thing off and took me out to a steak lunch. I'm not really complaining but I was a little confused as to why that happened. Oh well, steak sure beats cooking for 9 people, ESPECIALLY when I don't have to pay!!
 They were soo cute and sweet that they surprised me with a birthday cake! I couldn't believe how sneaky they were! This cake (thankfully) didn't have any sort of potato on it!! I rejoiced a bit inside as I bit down and discovered merely yellow cake, whipped cream, and nuts. I have often times bitten into a delicious looking snack or cake only to discover sweet bean paste and or potatos of some sort infiltrating the delicious taste i'm expecting. Go team co-workers!!
Then Friday night I had a party and all my best friends showed up! Somebody amazing gave the bar that we were going to a heads up and they had made blue drink specials to match my dress and put happy birthday Molly signs up all over the bar! SO COOL!!!

Since I decided to have a halloween themed party I had to dress up, I went as Mrs. Peacock from the boardgame clue! I decided it was Mrs. Peacock, with the (retracting!!!!) knife, in the bar! It was a real success and everyone loved my outfit, that and because I wore electric blue I was the shiniest person in the bar and nobody outshone me! PERFECT for a birthday!!
 Colette (what a doll!) brought me a birthday cake!! THIS cake had chocolate layers inside which totally trumped my co-workers cake, but then again so long as my cake from my co-workers doesn't have potatoes I consider that a plus.
 Everyone dressed up! It was really really great to see the imaginations of everyone that I know and love in Korea! There were some really really great costumes! Like Zorro above! AND The father, sun, and holy ghost below!! hahaha
So all in all I had a really really great weekend full of fun and love! Thanks everyone who came out and made it splendid!!!

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment