Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cold Hallways and Rice Tea

Two perplexing (more perplexing than usual) things about Korea are as follows:

1. They don't heat the hallways, only the classrooms. The government issued a mandate instructing public schools to save energy, so they only heat the classrooms (this fact was provided by my co-teachers, no idea how reliable it actually it). So basically I leave the teachers room, freeze on my trek to class because the windows are wide open, boil in the classroom because there are 35 sweating prepubescents nervous in front of me, and then freeze on my way back to my desk. It's deeply disturbing.

2. If they can make it out of rice they will. I am currently drinking rice tea, yes, rice tea. It's very interesting. I add sugar because it's not sweet at all so it kind of tastes like what would happen if you were to add water to rice after it's cooked, let it sit for a while and then drink only the water. Weird.

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment