Wednesday, November 3, 2010

He brought his purse, I brought mine.

So I went on a date with a Korean man named Seung Heun last night. He brought his purse to dinner, I also brought my purse. I just love Koreans, the men are seriously the most ladylike men i've ever encountered. We literally walked, arms linked, through the streets with my purse dangling off my left shoulder and his "murse" (man purse) dangling off his right shoulder. If we had been anywhere else in the world people would have turned and stared, But not in Korealand! So we met up at  (guess where?!) McDonalds, I took a different bus last night so I ended up being on the bus for about 45 minutes which is irritating to say the least. But I finally made it to Daccurri and we departed for dinner. Spaghetti dinner. I swear, every single Korean i've ever met takes their dates out for spaghetti, the spaghetti is always delicious but the worst part is that they serve pickles with their spaghetti! How's a girl supposed to enjoy her cream covered noodles of delight with seafood if there's a damned pickled in the middle of it all!? The sweetly vinegard morsel just sets off the whole meal. Anywho, I scarfed my pickles first and foremost and we chatted and chatted, my Korean is getting better so we speak about 30% Korean and 70% English and we both have to continually look up words in our dictionaries. It's actually quiet comical, I frequently feel like i'm on a date with a dictionary. After dinner we continued on with the typical Korean date and went to have wahpulls (waffles) and play Nintendo Wii. Because Korean dates frequently involve Wii i'm actually getting pretty darned good at Mario Bros! I might just have to invest in one? Anyway, i'm off to teach the Chicken Dance to my kids haha!

Anyeong!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog.

    The man purse thing is the funniest shit I've heard in a while. Thx.

    So are these man purses specifically made for men or the same purses women use? I'll refrain from asking what's in the man purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! The man purse is an institution here in korea. Some of the purses are made with men in mind, they can definitely be more messenger bag inspired but there's no doubt that they are a purse. In this particular case however, his purse of choice was green with sparkles, there's no getting around that with a title like "murse" or "messenger bag" that's just a purse.

    ReplyDelete