Friday, November 5, 2010

Group Mentality?

So yesterday as I was leaving school I walked out the front door, some of my students started bellering "Teachah! Goodbye Teachah!" I turned around, smiled, and waved back at them. They started yelling "Teachah! Teachah!" I turned around again, "mo?" (what?) "Teachah! Where you from?" I looked at them disapprovingly and burst out in consternation, "Where am I from?!" the 15 3rd grade boys burst into smiles, then one of them started chanting "Migook! Migook!" (USA USA) another one started "USA! USA!" then a third boy looked at me quizzically "hug?" I stared back, my brain was scrambled and I didn't respond. They (of course) took that as a yes and 15 adolescent boys raised their arms and rushed towards me, they encircled me and began jumping up and down bellering "Migook! USA! Migook! USA!" I just burst into laughter and started jumping with them, I mean, what's a girl to do except join in?

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment