Monday, November 29, 2010

School Lunch

I still have a difficult time getting used to eating school lunch with the kids, not that it's any sort of nuisance, on the contrary I think it's a great opportunity to observe the students doing what they do best, cause mischief with their friends. However, I DO have a difficult time acclimating to some of the food that is sloshed in my direction. When I was young I watched things like Doug and The Peanuts and would moan appreciatively everytime there was a gross pan of the cafeteria food. As an elementary student I vividly remember concocting wild stories that would transpire with me pulling an entire dog rib cage out of my chicken sandwich. Needless to say, none of this even has an inkling of bearing on the reality of my food here in Korea, for lunch today we had pig intestines (black), dak bocki- compressed rice cake in red sauce, fish bologne, quail eggs, rice with almond and oyster slivers, and sea snail ooze soup. *Barf* I'm sorry, but none of that sounds exceptionally indulgent if you ask me, however, when in Rome....So I gracefully scarf down everything on my tray. I'm getting exceptional at taking/cutting up my bites so that they are small enough that I don't have to chew them, I can merely insert and swallow. The skills you learn abroad.

Anyeong!

No comments:

Post a Comment